7 months is a long time for a break without anything specific to do. So during one my many near-insanity moments of feeling restless, I made earrings! It all started because I saw this Rookie post and I was so into the dinosaur earrings. Boy, I was hooked. Took me a while to find dinosaurs of a suitable size but I finally did in Daiso in Korea for a 1000 won. I bought the basic d.i.y. earring materials like jump rings(?), hooks and stuff and made some others as well. Basically, I’m a huge noob at this whole d.i.y. earring business but well, I had my fun.
- The puff earrings were the first ones I made. They look the CUTEST but I’ve never worn them out because they look weirdly weird on my ears. They just look like they weren’t meant to be on ears. But the pom pom colours are so nice.
- I think the second one I made were the Christmas earrings. I think you can tell that it just looks like a noob made it. I mean, look at the crooked wire hahah. But I still thought they were really cute and I liked them a lot. Wore it to a Christmas party too! Oh, but my mum thought this pair was the ugliest. (shockingly)
- The paperclip penguin earrings are the most presentable ones and were also the easiest to make. I used to buy a lot of pretty stationery so I had a box filled with pretty tape, pretty pencils, pretty paperclips and pretty.. you get what I’m trying to say. So I simply hooked one of the paperclips I had onto a hook and wala~ it was done. Quite proud of this one, even though I barely did anything. It was actually white in colour but I gave it to a friend who wanted it a different colour, so I painted it mustard yellow.
- The dinosaurs! My favourites. My loves. I did succeed in making the dinosaur earrings I so badly wanted but I gave them to a friend so I couldn’t add them in the picture. The one in the Rookie post was triple dinosaur layers but my dinosaurs were too big for that… It’s just really fun and quirky and it was also pretty easy to make.
- These fancy ones were obviously not DIY. They’re from H&M. They were Christmas gifts from a friend! It’s really long and gold and just super extra and fancy looking. I love them.
I get over things pretty fast, so I think I’m over making earrings already. It was fun! Most of them are really much easier than you think so if you’re crazy bored, or just for whatever reason, hope you try them out!